The ICCAC and SASO conferences and the workshops will be held at The University of Arizona. For the hotel, we have a special agreement -- the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza, Tucson, AZ. Homewood Suites by Hilton is pleased to provide their award-winning hospitality and the following standard amenities:
- Spacious one-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet daily and Social Reception featuring appetizers and beverages Monday- Wednesday evenings
- Complimentary Shuttle to and from the UA Campus via our 9-Passenger Van
- Complimentary WiFi in-Suite and throughout the Hotel
- Complimentary Parking
- Hilton Honors where guests earn both Points & Miles®
Sleeping Rooms – Run of House
** Homewood Suites by Hilton® is pleased to extend the above rate three days prior to arrival and three days after departure for any of your attendees that may wish to extend their visit to Tucson. Hotel room rates are subject to all applicable state and local taxes.
Booking Link: http://group.homewood-suites.com/IEEE-ICCAC-Meeting
Group code: CAC
Group rate will be based upon availability after August 17, 2017 and guests will not be guaranteed to receive group rate if calling after this date.
Guestroom Cancellation Policy: To avoid a cancellation fee; guests must call Hotel directly at (520) 577-0007 at least 24 hours prior to their check-in time (12 noon on day prior) to cancel their guestroom arrangements.
Additional person(s) Charge: Should more than two (2) adults occupy a guestroom (any person 17 years of age or over), there will be an additional $20.00 per night, per person charge applied to the guestroom rate ; subject to all applicable taxes .
Pet Deposit: Should guests desire to bring their pets, there is a one time, non-refundable $75.00 deposit required.
Other nearby hotels+ are:
+ Above terms and rates don't apply.
Conference Galla Dinner
Conference Galla Dinner at Old Tucson Studios.
Tour to UA Mirror Lab (Optional)
There will be a tour in The University of Arizona Mirror Lab (http://mirrorlab.as.arizona.edu/). The tour is a unique opportunity to learn how innovative engineering and optical technology melds with manufacturing techniques to produce the largest and most advanced giant (8.4 meters / 27 ft) telescope mirrors in the world on the University of Arizona campus. Visitors will see the unparalleled technology and revolutionary processes involved in making the next generation of telescopes that will explore deep into outer space and produce cutting-edge scientific research. The University of Arizona, College of Science is ranked #1 among observational, theoretical and space astronomy programs in the U.S. Come see why! These new generation giant optical telescopes will be changing the way we explore the Universe! Allowing astronomers to break the boundaries of astronomy and the universe, peering back to the beginning of time in an effort to answer a vast array of astronomical questions and make new discoveries.
- For the mirror lab tour, the are only 3 sessions available for 20 visitors each. At 3:30PM, 4PM, 4:30PM and each tour will be approximately one hour.
- While the conference gala is complimentary, due to the space limits, the mirror lab tour is optional. With a special discount, the charge is 15 USD instead of 20 USD. The registrants can choose the time they want to attend from merchandise.
- The mirror lab tour registration is based on first come, first serve basis.
Tucson International Airport
Tucson international airport is located about 8.5 miles ( about 20 minute drive) from the Student Union Memorial Center (conference location). For more information on Tucson International Airport click here.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is approximately 109 miles (about 1 hour and 50 minutes drive) to Student Union Memorial Center (conference location). For more information on Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport click here.
To/From Tucson International Airport
1. Arizona Stagecoach (Shared-ride van services)
More information here.
3. Public Transport (Sun Tran)
More information here.
More about Tucson, AZ
|Abstract registration||May 5, 2017|
May 22, 2017
|Papers submission deadline||May 19, 2017|
June 5, 2017
|Author notification||June 23, 2017|
July 3, 2017
|Camera-ready papers||July 21, 2017|